Monday 12 September 2011

Times and Seasons

"He changes times and seasons" Daniel 2:21

I believe my life is moving into a new season and while a part of me wants to cling to the previous season this verse brought me much relief to think that actually this is God's will... He changes times and seasons. He is in control. There is always an element of grief with the ending of one season and moving into a new one. I feel somewhat torn... one side of me wants to cling to the last season in fear of what the future holds and another part of looks with hope to the future and what goodness there is to come.

I know a new season is beginning in my heart as I try to rid myself of the deep selfishness that so often has control within me and to allow God to have his way once again.

Amy Carmichael's wisdom was once again entirely relevant this morning...
"It is not a little matter to leave all- all of self, its desires, pride and ways. But if we do we shall find all that our Lord has to give us. Do we want to live this life? Are we earnest about it? Or do we still want to hold on to the wretched rags of self and self-pleasing? God can deliver us from these, and strengthen us in very truth to leave all, that we may find all."

It seems so foolish to think this world has something worthwhile to offer. Oh to find my identity completely in the One who created me and knows me deeper than anyone can ever know me. He knows the good and bad yet loves me unconditionally despite it all! That truth brings comfort and peace. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment