Monday 30 August 2010

Fearfully and wonderfully made

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you.
When I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

~Psalm 139:13-16

So God created man in his own image
~Genesis 1:27

I am 17 weeks pregnant with baby number two and I have just begun to feel the little one kicking away inside of me. I love this part of the pregnancy when I am actually able to feel that there really is a little person growing inside of me and I haven't just been 'out of sorts' for months for no reason! I love being pregnant and think it is the greatest privilege bestowed upon women! I always picture God with his tiny little knitting needles knitting this new little person who is created in His own image. It excites me so much to imagine that this person that is as of yet unknown in this world is loved so utterly and completely by God. I recently came across the labour and birth record of Conrad's birth and reading it brought back such a joy at the miracle of new life; the labour and birth of my gorgeous boy was the greatest experience of my life- second only to my baptism. I can't wait to meet my new baby and see the new dimension they add to my beautiful family!

2 comments:

  1. You are a God connector Amy. Whenever I read your blogs I get connected to God. It is so amzing...thank you. I love the imagery of the tiny knitting needles. The Creator of the universe who breathed out the stars encoded our DNA and cultivated us in our mothers' wombs (baby motels lol)...to be conformed to the image of His Son, the first-born of many brethren. Inconceivable (dumb pun) and yet impossibly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks P! It is so AMAZING aye?! God 'blows my mind' with His incredible amazing-ness!!

    ReplyDelete