Wednesday 1 September 2010

Spring is in the air!!!

Ahh it's the 1st of September and the first official day of spring! It also happens to be a stunningly beautiful day with a crispness in the air! I love spring; everything about spring excites me. The transition between winter and summer is such a special time of growth and renewal and rebirth. I think the beginning of spring always places a new hope inside of me and a new song in my heart! As I was reading my Psalm for the day I was filled with joy:

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes in the morning...
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

~Psalm 30:4-5, 11-12

I hope this spring brings a new season in my heart; a new start, a new beginning. I'm so grateful we have the opportunity to start afresh in the Lord! What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. The first day of Spring was such a tease! The promise of warmer weather that today did not happen. I love the new look of your blog. We've just found out today that 'our' baby is to be another girl - so now the girls have well and truly caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julianne! Was good to be able to go down there the other week. Yes Grace text me today to say there is another little girl coming :) We aren't going to find out what our baby is I don't think- I would love for Conrad to have a little brother to play with, but I'm sure a little girl would be lovely too! I was fiddling around with different backgrounds for the blog- I think I quite like it too :) Totally forgot I even had a blog until a friend of mine stumbled across it and said I should keep it up!

    ReplyDelete