Friday 29 January 2010

My beautiful boy...

What a wonderful privilege it is to be a mother! I can't think of a greater blessing than to have carried this little person inside of me and then welcomed him into the world, watch him grow and celebrate every little milestone. I love him more each day as I watch his personality begin to shine out more and more.

Recently he has started having these episodes when he goes quiet, looks panicked and can't cry out for some reason. I took him to the doctor and we currently have appointments to see a paediatrician and to have some tests done. While it doesn't concern me too much because he seems fine the rest of the time, it is quite scary to think that there could be something wrong. I guess when I start to think about it (not really a good thing to do!) it dawns on me just how attached I am to this little boy. The highlights of my day include getting him out of his cot after each sleep when he greets me with a massive grin, or when he places his soft little hand on mine which never ceases to make my heart melt, or his latest favourite thing is looking full into mine or my husband's faces and holding our face in his hands. Without a doubt the thing I adore the most is watching my darling and our little boy together- it's so precious to see their special bond and hearing the giggles that happen as a result!

Well whatever will be, will be! I'm just so grateful that we can lean on our Lord and trust Him! The bible verses that I have probably recalled more than any other in my life say this:
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything through prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving
let your requests be known to God.
And the peace of God
that surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment