Friday 22 January 2010

New beginnings...

Well it is the beginning of a new year (well nearly the end of the first month of the new year!!) which always signifies a new start; an opportunity to start afresh. So as a part of this new year I will commence my blog, don't know why I haven't done a blog before considering I have journalled as long as I can remember.

New beginnings... It always conjures up thoughts filled with hope for the future! What will the future hold?! It's probably a good thing we don't know the answer to that as I know I probably would want to run a million miles away to avoid the hard times if I knew what would happen in advance- fortunately God provides the grace necessary when it is needed (2 Corinthians 12:9)!

5 months ago my husband and I got to welcome our little boy into the world which has been a new beginning that never ceases to blow my mind! The whole journey from trying to conceive, getting pregnant, the pregnancy itself, giving birth and getting to know our gorgeous little boy has been the best experience of my life! What a privilege it is to watch this little boy develop into the person God wants him to be! Already God is using him in ways that amaze me: him coming into this world has opened up the door to a number of friendships that probably wouldn't have happened (or wouldn't have been as close) had it not been for my little boy!

Another new beginning that recently happened was my sister getting married! What a joy to see her marry her best friend and begin their lives together. It will be so exciting to watch them grow as a couple. Wish they lived closer though- won't see them often :(

Well new beginnings always excite me- makes me feel so grateful to my Saviour for washing me white as snow and letting me start afresh....

2 comments:

  1. I think I know you! Thanks for being my first follower Amy - thought I'd return the honour - hehe. You are right when you say you don't want to know that the future holds - it's much better taking things a day at a time - I proved that mightily when Victoria became ill - and continue to prove it now. All the best for your bloggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bronwyn! I reckon this could be fun!

    ReplyDelete