Monday 8 February 2010

Disruptions...

Occasionally I find that God brings people into my life to disrupt it; to disrupt the perfect little sheltered existence I have created for myself. These people shake me up and down and challenge me to the core. There is nothing more frustrating than this!! It is so unsettling. A part of me wishes that I could back off and have nothing to do with these people when they come along, but I feel God challenging me to keep giving and keep praying and keep giving some more. Keep giving even when it hurts.

I find that I often have just one or two people on my heart to pray for when it dawns on me that others around me that need prayer too. I also have been finding that the more my heart begins to break for a few people, the more the wound opens up towards others too and the more opportunities arise to speak to different people about God! I sense Him placing a deeper burden on my heart towards others, although I still question 'who am I' that He would use me. I feel so weak and vulnerable and delicate and inadequate, yet for some strange reason He has a plan and purpose specifically designed for me- a path set out for me and only me.... Again I am left in awe of my almighty heavenly Father.....

No comments:

Post a Comment